Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Jenn Air refrigerator JRSD 2790 that has the ice maker

I have a Jenn Air refrigerator JRSD 2790 that has the ice maker clumping the ice and it is also leaking water inside the freezer at the lower back and bottom. It is now leaking on to the floor there is no water in the drain pan.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

What do you mean by "ice maker is clumping the ice". Can you explain this a little better please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

In the automatic ice maker the ice get clumped in the tray. It appears the water is leaking from the front part of the tray.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
I'm still not sure what you are trying to say. Are you saying the icemaker itself, the part that makes ice is getting clumped? Or are you saying that the Ice Bin where all the ice is stored inside your refrigerator is clumping together?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

In the bin with the ice there is a frozen stream of water that is connected to the front of the ice making tray.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
OK do you see any ice cycles coming from the icemaker itself dripping down into the tray? Or if you pull the ice bin out, do oyou see a big mound of ice in the front left or back left corner of the bin?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I see a bug clump of ice under the front or left side of the ice maker in the bin

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
OK so this means that your icemaker is just leaking and not sealing up. The icemaker will need to be ordered and replaced to fix the issue. But I don't think this has anything to do with the ice on the floor inside your freezer. Below is a link to the icemaker you'll need to order and replace.

CLICK HERE

As for the ice build up on the floor, this is a very common issue and it means that your defrost drain line has frozen over and will need to be thawed out. This often times happens for no reason at all and is just random. You will need to remove everything out of your freezer and remove the back panel inside the freezer. Use a hair dryer to thaw all the ice out and locate the drain hole. Pour hot water down the drain hole until it's draining properly again. Once it's draining properly blow compressed air down to make sure it's clear. If you don't have compressed air, use a turkey baster to make sure the drain line is clear and draining properly. Cut a solid copper piece of wire about 6 inches long. Wrap it around the defrost heater a couple times just above the drain hole and extend it 2 inches into the defrost drain hole. That will transfer heat into the drain hole when the defrost heater turns on and will prevent the defrost drain line from freezing over in the future.

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 star please consider using the "continue conversation" link and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating.
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

do I need to remove the ice maker at the top of the panel to get the back panel out?

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
You're just removing the lower back panel inside the freezer, so you shouldn't--no. But I can't say 100% for certain since I'm not there.