Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a whirlpool cabrio gas dryer...Mod WGD6400SW0. I removed

I have a whirlpool cabrio gas dryer...Mod WGD6400SW0. I removed the front viewing panel and there was a glow and the gas ignited and burned for about 2 minutes...i then restarted and it glowed and then ignited for about 30 seconds...i waited about 2 minutes and restarted and it started to glow and then it did not ignite at all...Please help
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Let me start by saying this is a really common problem for all gas dryers. First, make sure your vent is cleaned and the best way to do that is just run a cycle without the vent hose connected to the back of the dryer to see if things change. If your dryer still won't dry properly, then this is a pretty common issue unfortunately and it means that your gas coils are starting to fatigue and need to be ordered and replaced. As the coils heat up, the unit stops opening the valve or can't hold it open as long as intended because it gets weak. You just need to order and replace the 2 black cylinder gas coils located directly in front of the igniter. Below is a link to the part you'll need to order and replace.

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 star please consider using the "continue conversation" link and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

This is the correct part for my dryer number

Yes, that kit the kit so you get both solenoids for your dryer model number.