Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Customer Question

I inadvertantly put purex crystal in laundry dispenser of my bosch washer. I now see Eo4 on indicator light . What can iI do?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

E04 just means that the washer isn't draining out all the water---most likely from all the suds created from the purex crystal. If you just unplug your unit and pour a few cups of white vinegar into the dispenser where the detergent goes do that it will go down into the tub, just give it about 1 hour for the suds to go down and then you can plug the washer back in and try again.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I poured vinegar in washer and waited for 8 hours. The signal E04 still returns. How do i open up the washer door manually?

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
That depends on your exact model. But there is a pull cord down just next to the drain catch on your washer. If you pull down on the pull cord it will manually unlock the door. Now depending on your model, either the entire bottom panel across the front of your washer unclips and pulls off, or if you have a round access panel in the lower front right corner of your washer, it will open up to expose the drain catch and pull cord. Below is a video that shows you how to do this if you have the round access panel style model.

CLICK HERE for video

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 star please consider using the "continue conversation" link and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating.