Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have an older Maytag LA612 washer. No water enters on the

I have an older Maytag LA612 washer. No water enters on the cold/cold water temp setting; warm/cold and hot/cold work fine. What is the likely problem / part required?
Thanks!!
Phil
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

When you set it to Hot/cold or Warm/cold are you actually getting Hot water out and warm water out respectively?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

It feels hot on both settings.

OK so that's what I had figured. This means that cold water isn't coming in on any setting which means that either your washer isn't getting cold water, or your electronic water valve has failed and would need to be replaced. Pull the washer forward and turn the cold water valve off on your house behind the washer. Disconnect the fill hose an put it in a bucket. Turn the water on to make sure you have good water pressure. If so, then look at the screen on the receptacle of the washer where the fill hose connects. If it's clogged with gunk, use a Q-tip and spray bottle to clean out the screen.

Now if the screen is clear, then your electronic water valve will just need to be ordered and replaced. This is a dual water valve and it's the part on the back of the washer that the cold and hot water hoses connect to. Below is a link to the part you'd need to order for your model.

CLICK HERE

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 star please consider using the "continue conversation" link and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating.