SubZero_Wolf Expert
SubZero_Wolf Expert, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Licensed Appliance Journeyman
46655473

We have a Bosch double oven (tiop oven is convection) in which

We have a Bosch double oven (tiop oven is convection) in which the lights that come on when the door is opened stopped working, in both the top and bottom ovens. This happened all of a sudden. Since all the 4 lights have stopped working, I do not think this is a problem with the bulbs. Could you please guide me towards a solution ? Thanks.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

do you have a model number ?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I am sorry I did not get back to you promptly. I was out of town. The model number is XXXXX 5055 AUC (it is a 36 in double oven with convection in the top oven).

Thank you.

Hello, I can help you with this. This is a failure of the light transformer part number 418461. It is located on the top of the oven so you would have to remove the oven from the install and take off the top cover to gain access to the transformer. After that the repair is easy and straightforward. The part can be found at many online vendors such as appliancepartspros.com or searspartsdirect.com Let me know how I can further assist you. Thanks, Sam
Experience: Licensed Appliance Journeyman
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Cannot answer yet because I have not made the repairs yet. However, the expert was very prompt with the answer. Thanks.

No problem, feel free to rate when you get the part in and working. Thanks, Sam