Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

we have a ge profile 1800 spacemmaker microwave it keeps coming

we have a ge profile 1800 spacemmaker microwave it keeps coming on by itself but shows f 3 on the display
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

F3 is a shorted touchpad. That would explain why the microwave is coming on by itself because it thinks buttons are being pushed even when they really aren't. If you think the touchpad might be damp from steam, just let it dry out and unplug your microwave for 24 hours. If the issue doesn't go away, the touch control pad would just need to be ordered and replaced to fix the issue.

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 star please consider using the "continue conversation" link and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

thank you we are not sure if the touchpad is damp or not we will turn it off do you have any idea how much can. it would cost

Generally the part is less than $100 or so if you needed to call a technician it it would be more like $200 if this was something you didn't want to replace yourself.