The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years repairing appliances
3079445

I am thinking of buying a home with a Jenn-Air rane model 8114p732-(10-04-01).

I am thinking of buying a home with a Jenn-Air rane model 8114p732-(10-04-01). How can I determine the age of this unit? What is the standard time to replacement?

gst85 :

Hi there, do you know if the house was remodeled and when the unit was installed?

Customer: I assumeit was remodeled, but have no clue when (current owner purchased 2 yrs ago and has not provided much information)
gst85 :

Were you able to get the model or serial number by some chance?

Customer: I thought that 8114p732 p(10-04-01) was a model number
gst85 :

I can't seem to pull up any information with this model number. i will option out and put this question at the top of the list so that another someone else may be able to better assist you.

Customer: Sorry. The "p" before the parenthesis was a typo.
gst85 :

I am going to go offline for the night so i have placed your question at the top of the list. another tech will take this question asap.

Hi. I'm Smitty. I am a professional appliance repair consultant here to help you diagnose, and repair, your appliance.

I tried to answer your question before you went off line but the site has been having problems lately and was unable to.

The date of manufacture is right there in the model number you provided. (10-04-01)

September 4, 2001.

The unit is only 11 years old. A JenAire range should last at least 20 years if not more.

Thank you for allowing me to help you with your problem. If you need further information please reply to me and I will be happy to assist you further.
If you have no further questions please select a positive rating at this time. This will not close your question, or prevent you from asking follow up questions. All it does is make sure that I receive credit for my work. Your satisfaction is still 100% guaranteed. If for any reason you do not see the rating box or do not receive an e-mail confirmation that your rating processed please let me know.
If you are going to rate me poor or bad service STOP! Tell me what you want, and I will get it for you, or type "opt out" and another expert will help you.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks. Do we have any clue of when it might have been installed within, say, a 3-month window?
That, there is no way of knowing unless you know who put it in. The manufacturer does not keep any kind of records like that.
Experience: 30 years repairing appliances