Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service

My Inglis supper capacity washer just stopped agitating and

My Inglis supper capacity washer just stopped agitating and just seems to growl when I turn it on. It is not leaking water and it drains and fills well but it doesn't spin or agitate and just growls. There are dark scraps near the top of the basin ( I think from the spinner brakes) but they have been there before and may be a separate problem.
Hello I'm Larry and I will use all my training and knowledge of 40 years to help you with your Problem today ,, thanks

may i have the model number please
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The washer is about ten years old and I can't find one on it.

when it fills it only growl and the same on spin but it will pump out ,, correct?
you still with me, i will be logging off soon
i see you logged off so just connect me tomorrow when you come back on line ,, good night
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

It Pumps out fine and when it fills it doesnot growl.

replace the motor coupler and you can get it at a local appliance parts dealer near you which cost about $20 and what you do is remove the screws holding the control panel down, raise and tilt back, unplug the lid switch and pop loose the two hold down clamps, slide cabinet off base, unclamp the pump, pull back, unclamp the motor and set off, swap the coupler ,,, Glad i could help you with your problem so please leave me a positive rating of one of the top 3 smiley faces for me before you leave for my time and knowledge, if you cant leave a positive rating then please do not leave one at all, a lower rating counts against us ,, thanks