Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service
14308609

Hello: having trouble with GE stove (model# XXXXX P912S M3SS),

Hello: having trouble with GE stove (model# XXXXX P912S M3SS), one of the burner suddenly stopped working, nothing happens when turned on. How can I check the problem? How to open it?
Hello I'm Larry and I will use all my training and knowledge of 40 years to help you with your Problem today ,, thanks

these are not the model numbers and i will need the model number to help
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

This is from the sticker: model# XXXXX P912S M3SS and it's a GE profile series...installed in Nov 2010.

i found it ,, which burner not working
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I found it too: http://products.geappliances.com/ApplProducts/Dispatcher?REQUEST=SpecPage&Sku=PP912SMSS

Power boil burner, left at the back..

what you are going to have to do is set the cooktop out of the counter, set on top, kill the power to the unit, remove the screws from the edge and the burner knobs, set the top off, set the volt meter to 250 volts and turn the power back on, turn the knob on to the burner, if you get 220 volts at the burner then replace the burner, if not then replace the burner switch, you can get these at a local appliance parts dealer near you with the model number ,,, Glad i could help you with your problem so please leave me a positive rating of one of the top 3 smiley faces for me before you leave for my time and knowledge, if you cant leave a positive rating then please do not leave one at all, a lower rating counts against us ,, thanks
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I'll try to open it tomorrow morning, now it's 12:50 AM, except screw driver do I need a volt meter?

you will need a screwdriver, a phillips and a volt meter ,, its 11:30 here and i'm about to get off for the night so leave me a rating with the smiley face before you leave and it will lock us in and i will be able to help in the new month ,, thanks
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

when can we check back tomorrow? what is the price of a typical volt meter?

you can get a cheap meter for about $20 that will work fine and anytime tomorrow will be fine
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

o.k thanks.

your welcome