Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service
14308609

My Duet washer just stopped working. I pushed the control on

Customer Question

My Duet washer just stopped working. I pushed the control on button and set the cycle but the cycle light just flashes and when I push the start button nothing happens. Any ideas?
GHW9100LW1
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Larry replied 4 years ago.
Hello I'm Larry and I will use all my training and knowledge of 40 years to help you with your Problem today ,, thanks

does it show a error code in the display?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

no error codes

does the door lock when you press the start?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

no...the door does not lock

thats why it will only click or flash and not start ,, you have a bad lock assembly and the part number is 8182634 which cost about $60 and you can get it at a local appliance parts dealer near you ,, here is a video to show you how to swap it out ,, thanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2cFmKJZY0M
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Inside the door lock assembly is a small door switch. I bypass the door switch and the door locked, flashing lights turned into a steady light. I pressed the start button the machine acted like it wanted to start but no water

i have done that too but the washer will not start,fill, wash or spin until you replace the door lock ,, sorry
so why the bad rating, i told you what it will take to fix it and sorry if you don't like the answer, a bad rating can get us kicked off the site and other to see and not be willing to help you if you need more help, how can i help to get this chanced to a positive rating for the good of both of us
i'm about to log off for the month so what i help with to make you happy and willing to change this to a positive rating since i'm not there to do the work for you and this is on you end ,, thanks