Jon
Jon, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Service Technician with 10+ years experience.

According to repairclinic.com the part is no longer available

Customer Question

According to repairclinic.com the part is no longer available from the manufacturer. Do you have any ideas about where I can find it.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.

Jon Grella : Let me check
Jon Grella : It seems that at www.repairclinic.com and www.searspartsdirect.com have discontinued the part. Usually due to the age and popularity of the knob. Or I should say lack of popularity. They need to make room on their she
Jon Grella : Sorry
Jon Grella : They need to make room on their shelves for the fast moving parts.
Jon Grella : It looks like www.marcone.com still ha the ability to order it through gaggenau. Since they are an authorized dealer. I would use them first. And if they say they can't order it you may be stuck either getting it from gaggenau directly. Or try your luck with any other on line sites like eBay or amazon.
Jon Grella : Again, this has happens often with machines that are older like yours.
Jon Grella : If you still can't get the knob get back to me here and I will help to more
Jon Grella : Please rememeber to rate my performance below so that I can get credit from the website for helping you
Jon Grella : Thanks again.
Jon, Appliance Technician
Experience: Appliance Service Technician with 10+ years experience.
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.
If you can't find the part or is no longer available I will check some of my resources to see if I can get it for you. Or tell you where you can get it.

Gove me a few days to do the research for the part.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you very much. I hope you can find it somewhere!

Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.
It looks like will have to call my resources orn Monday and throughout the week to get some answers.

I will get back to you here when I have any info.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you again.

Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.
I have checked a few of my on line resources today and have turned up the same results. That the part has been discontinued with no known part replacement. I would gaggenau directly at this point while you wait to hear back from me and if I can get you the part from any of my specialty shops.

They will be ale to give you the info on whether yo can get an updated part that will fit your machine. And if you really need to, if I can't get the part for you, try getting a similar knob at a hardware store. Just match it up an best as you can then see if it fits on your machine.

They will be our last resort. But I will get back to you here if I can find anything else. And please fill me in if you get I touch with gaggenau as well.

Thanks.