Justin
Justin, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Owner of Shaffer's Appliance Service
40730774

my whirlpool gas oven model SF367LEKQ0 will not stay on until

my whirlpool gas oven model SF367LEKQ0 will not stay on until it reaches 350 I have to turn off the oven and start over again at least 5 to 6 times before the oven will stay on long enough to reach 350. What is causing the problem?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Justin replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is Justin. I will work hard to help you solve your problem, start to finish. As we move forward with your problem, please remember to provide positive feedback after you accept my answer. You will still receive additional assistance at NO EXTRA CHARGE should you require it. Now, let's get started shall we... There are a few things over the years that have been known to cause this problem. If the oven just stops heating on its own, it usually means the spark module board has tried three times to ignite the gas and has failed. I ALWAYS ask a customer to remove the base pan from the oven (there are two screws), then remove the heat shield (again, two screws), and take a VERY CLOSE LOOK at the burn tube right where the ignitor tip is. I'll need to know if there are FOUR or EIGHT holes at the point of ignition. If there are FOUR, there was a known issue with this burner tube, and it was redesigned with EIGHT. Also, if the ignitor is sitting there crooked (which can happen due to time and heat warping the bracket) that can cause it. If the ignitor looks straight on the bake burn tube, and there are EIGHT holes right at the ignition point on the burn tube, then you'll need a spark module board. Let me know what you find with that bake burner. That information is critical.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Justin

If your talking about holes under the main burner along side of the tube it looks like 8. Four on top and four under, and the ignitor looks straight

Bill

Expert:  replied 2 years ago.
Yeah the holes right beside the tip of the spark ignitor. If there are 8 on the bake tube there and the ignitor is parallel with the burn tube, this strongly suggests you need to replace the spark module board. Also VERY IMPORTANT: Ensure your receptacle is properly grounded. If it is, replace the spark module board. You can order this M -F by calling(NNN) NNN-NNNN
Justin, Appliance Technician
Experience: Owner of Shaffer's Appliance Service