Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.

Hi! My Maytag Centennial washer wont spin. It agitates but

Hi! My Maytag Centennial washer won't spin. It agitates but won't spin. I have almost the entire machine apart. I don't have a spanner wrencho remove the spanner nut. I know (because I could visually see it) that there is a tube of lip gloss between the outer tub and the washing tub. Could this cause the machine not to spin? I can't get to the lipgloss tube without removing the inner washing tube.

In addition, about a half of an inch of water seems to remain in the bottom of the outer tub. I removed the drain hose to get it out (and hoping that the lipgloss tube would drain out too). There is no clog in the drain hose, why would there be standing water?

Thank You!
Vicki
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem.Please allow me some time to do research and type a response to each of your posts.

Can you give me the model number from the sticker under the lid?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

MVWC300VW0

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Does the machine reach the spin cycle then just go dead like there is no power?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No, it completes the cycle, sounds like it is working. When you lift the lid you can tell it wasn't spinning and the clothes are still very wet at the bottom...not plastered up against the sides of the tub.

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Ok your problem here is going to be either the motor coupler or more likely the clutch. First i would check the coupler part 13, If this is damaged it will need to be replaced, If the coupler is good then the clutch would need to be replaced part 5.

graphic

Please feel free to come back after rating me "ok service or above" or for any additional questions or assistance that may be needed. Please also remember that if this is beyond your ability I have still done my job in answering where the problem is and how to fix it, Please be fair and rate me "ok service or above" so that I my gain credit for my time and effort.

Thanks!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

what about the issue of water remaining at the bottom of the outer tub?

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
How much water remains?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

about a half an inch deep

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Ok this is just likely water that runs off the clothes after the spin shuts down because the machine is not spinning the water out of the clothes, This is a very common problem and will either boil down to the coupler being damaged or the clutch.

Thanks!

Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.