Randy
Randy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25 years of overall experience: Owner and technician of own appliance repair business.
18559950

i have a bosch shu42L05uc dishwasher. on starting new wash

i have a bosch shu42L05uc dishwasher. on starting new wash cycle it fills with water and then when what i assume should be the wash pump engaging makes a whirring noise with no spraying of water. is the wash pump shot?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Randy replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I am here to assist you. So, after filling with water it engages and all you hear is a whirring sound?
Expert:  Randy replied 2 years ago.
Also, can you please reverify the model number as the one you sent is not coming up in my database? Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Randy its a DLX series SHU42L 05UC/18. Sorry about the time here - I had to fire up computer.

Expert:  Randy replied 2 years ago.
Okay, do you hear the whirring sound when the water should be spraying?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Roger that - low pitched whirring sound. When cleaning out and checking drain process there was piece of broken glass in the small cup shpwed filter (ie downstream of). carl

Expert:  Randy replied 2 years ago.

Okay so you have checked the filter? If so and by your symptoms and what you said you found and have already done then you are correct that the pump has gone bad. It has become dislodged from the motor as they are build together. So, in short you are going to have to replace the pump and motor assembly which will run about $200 for the part if you do it yourself. Sorry about the bad news and I am here for further assistance and thank you for your time and patience, Randy.

Circulation Pump 239144          Alternate Product View

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

If I understand correctly I can gain access by removing d/w unit and flipping it over. The wash pump will be the larger of the two and if tested the motor will spin but not turn the impeller.

carl

Expert:  Randy replied 2 years ago.
Yes, on all accounts but when you flip it over you are going to have to take off the bottom cover of the dishwasher to gain access to the motor. Also, the circulation pump is built right on the motor so you can't miss which one it is.
Randy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 25 years of overall experience: Owner and technician of own appliance repair business.