Justin
Justin, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Owner of Shaffer's Appliance Service
40730774

Our Kenmore Elite 110 Washer repeatedly stops and beeps as

Our Kenmore Elite 110 Washer repeatedly stops and beeps as if out of balance. This can start happening moments after the machine is started and just begins to fill then at other points in the cycle. The machine does not wobble so the feet seem to be properly adjusted. The wet clothes need to be shifted around quite a bit to get it to restart. The machine is fairly new perhaps 3 years old---not under warranty. Steve          I wonder if it could be a faulty sensor.

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Justin replied 2 years ago.
Hello. In order to assist you, we will require your entire model and serial number. This is on a tag. If this is a front loader, open the door and the tag is in there on the frame. If this is a top loader, the tag is on the frame near the bottom of the lid. Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Model # XXXXX Is that the correct #?

Expert:  Justin replied 2 years ago.
If it's directly off the tag, it should be. Ok, I looked up the model. Are you receiving any error codes on the display???
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The Ser# XXXXX XXXXX Display says F1 when it beeps just after starting---later eg in the spin cycle, it might show time remaining. steve

Expert:  Justin replied 2 years ago.

Ok. In this machine F1 means the circuit board is bad. It's most likely all related. You might want to give Sears a call to see if they'll repair this for free. I know that Whirlpool (the manufacturer of this Kenmore) had issues like this. In fact there was a service bulletin addressing this issue. I'm not sure if Sears will admit to it or not, but the part number you'll require for the F1 is W10189966 and it'll run you around $200.00.

Definitely try calling Sears because there was a known issue with this in the Whirlpool built products. If they don't do anything for you, you may order the part by calling(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Is that also the customer service number? steve

Expert:  replied 2 years ago.
No, that's for the part. I think sears is 800-4my-home.
Justin, Appliance Technician
Experience: Owner of Shaffer's Appliance Service