Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

i have a 98 kenmore coldspot model #57267791 i have water to

i have a 98 kenmore coldspot model #57267791 i have water to fridge and water to the dispencer but no water to the ice machine, why?

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Good morning, the first thing you should check is the tube that runs from the back of the freezer inside and distributes the water to the ice maker , make sure this tube has not frozen. . If you find ice and that to take a hair dryer and defrost it t this should take care of that problem. If there is no ice in the tube and the ice maker is cycling ( fingers turning) then you need to replace the water inlet valve. The valve is a dual valve one side is for water in the door in the other side is for the ice maker , this valve is in the back of the refrigerator . We are your waterline from the house connects, it is easy to change and you can do this and about one half hour, you can order this at the following link, hope this helps,the only thing I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done rather than rating me with a 1 or 2 smiley faces please use the (continue conversation) link and tell me what else I can do or what else you would like to know so that I can get you that information so I can improve my customer satisfaction rating. You may receive an email with my answer if so please sign back in and accept on the site itself. Its the only way I get paid for helping you. thank you and best wishes , Bryan

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

put new part in and still no water in tray

is the ice maker cycling ? the fingers turning ? the best way to tell is pour water into the ice maker by hand and wait a few hours to see if the ice maker ejects the ice.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i did pour water in before waiting for the freeze

okay let me know if it ejects. thanks , Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

seems to be working for now, thanks for your help bryan, tom

okay great , I'll be around today if for some reason you need me again. thanks , Bryan