Randy
Randy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25 years of overall experience: Owner and technician of own appliance repair business.
18559950

GE front load dryer dcv15ef0ww will tumble but no heat

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Randy replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I am here to assist you. Can you please recheck that model number as the one you sent is not coming up as a good number.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

DCVH515EF0WW

Expert:  Randy replied 2 years ago.
Thank you and sorry about the delay. Okay your problem is either the heating element has gone bad or one of the three thermostats has gone bad. The thermostats sit on top of the heating element and sometimes you can test them by only taking the top off of the dryer. When you take the top off in the back you will see the round heating element and there are two thermostats on the left and one on the right. They need to be checked for continuity/resistance. All three should read close to 0 ohms. Now there may be a cross bar blocking access to the t-stats. If so the only way to get to them is by taking the dryer drum out. Also that is the only way to test the heating element as the connectors for the element is on the bottom right corner of the element. So see if you can test the thermostats without taking the drum out first and let me know what you find.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

big thermostats on lift reads .o, little thermostats onlift reads 87.5, little thermostats on right reads .2 to .8

Expert:  Randy replied 2 years ago.
Okay the one on the left read 87.5 ohms or K ohms. If it reads ohms then you need to check the heating element. If it reads K ohms then that is bad and needs to be replaced.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The thermostats read k, but after sliding the drum out to inspect element, coil had burn out.

Expert:  Randy replied 2 years ago.
Good checking and that is your problem. If the elem net is burnt up then it will run with no heat. Now, to replace the element will run about $175.00 or more depending on where you get the element. The part number is XXXXX and you should be able to order at any reputable appliance part store. I am here for further assistance and thank you for your time and patience, Randy.
Randy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 25 years of overall experience: Owner and technician of own appliance repair business.