Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  23 Years Major Appliance Repair

kenmore elite top loading washer, mod# XXXXX After

kenmore elite top loading washer, mod# XXXXX
After making washing selections and pushing start, water flows for 5 seconds then everything stops, display freezes and "CE" is displayed. Help please...
Welcome..I have 23 years of Experience In the Appliance Repair Field..Working directly with All Major Appliance Brands.,,The CE error indicates a problem with the communication between the Machine Controller and the Motor Controller ..This washer is made by Whirlpool for Sears..It is the Calypso model..Which has been a very troublesome washer for Whirlpool..You will need a test meter to conduct some electrical test .To repair this unit.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I've got my meter and I'm ready to go. What do I need to check?

You are also going to need the tech service manual for this unit..Please standby
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Standing by...

CLICK HERE FOR TECH SHEET Once downloaded scroll down to the CE error under display Fault Errors...Scroll further down to page 8- 10 for location of pin terminals..with this guide you should be able to successfully trouble shoot this washer..Like i said this unit has been a major problem for Whirlpool previous with many recalls...Let me know if you need any further assistance..Thanks Bob
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks for the help Bob. Best repair $ I've ever spent. With my meter and those 12 pages I'm set. Have a great evening.

You are very welcome..Also please remember to rate my answer to you as a positive rating so that i may be credited thru thru system..Good luck on your repair..Thanks Bob