Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Just had a new GE gas dryer delivered and bought the propane

Just had a new GE gas dryer delivered and bought the propane conversion kit. No where
can we find a clue as how to install the converstion kit. Nothing in owners manual nor on
the part itself. Help!
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Do you have a model number so that I can better assist you? And can you take a picture of the kit or give me the part number so that I can see what comes in the kit?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Model #GTDP180GD0WW gas dryer 06

Kit-LP Gas

NS2 USA Skew #WE25X217

OK perfect, this should be fairly easy. First, open the door and remove the screws going up through the top of the door way holding in the top panel. Unplug the dryer and then remove the top panel by lifting up and pulling forward. That will expose a few screws coming from the inside of the dryer holding on the front panel. Remove the screws and the front panel will hinge forward and down to remove it. Now you have access to the burner under the drum of the dryer. You need to replace the brass orifice (jet that shoots the gas out), and on the top of the gas valve there is a cover and insert that comes in the kit that you need to remove and replace on the valve (just follow the instructions that come with the kit).

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 star please consider using the "continue conversation" link and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating.
I see this question is still open and you haven't rated me, is there anything else I can help you with today?