Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a Whirlpool Quiet Partner 1 Dishwasher. I need to reset

I have a Whirlpool Quiet Partner 1 Dishwasher. I need to reset the control panel. No matter what sequence of buttons I push, it will not reset. Can you look up the correct sequence
Model # XXXXX
Note there are 5 buttons on the control panel
Select Cycle - options are pots and pans, normal, and 1 hour wash
Select Options- options for button 2 are high temp and heated dry
Select Options options for button 3 are 4 hour delay and lock
Start/Resume button
Cancel/Drain Button

I cleaned out some dry catfood from the drain that had gotten into the motor. Motor spins, pump seems to work with drain button.

I have the dreaded 7 times flashing clean light going, and cannot seem to reset the control panel no matter what button sequences I push- I have tried pushing buttons with door open, door closed, turning off the circuit breaker for short and extended times-
cannot get the thing to reset.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Control is programmed to

stop running and not allow

any further cycles if it

detects a water heating

problem (no temperature

increase detected in heated

Main Wash on 3

consecutive cycles). Control

blinks the Clean LED 7 times

repeatedly and disables the

Start/Resume key until

cleared.

Ok you need to try and reset the control board. Press "high temp scrub, energy saver dry, high temp scrub, energy saver dry, high temp scrub, energy saver dry, high temp scrub, energy saver dry"

All the lights will go solid at which point you press cancel to reset the board.

**NOTE** if you don't have a "heated dry" button, use the "air dry" or "energy saver dry" button instead.

try that and let me know if it works,

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
sorry I may have sent you the wrong one. give me a few minutes I'm bringing up the tech sheets now.
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
okay I'm back , its seems there no reset sequence on this machine. what you can do is put this in diagnostic mode.

SERVICE DIAGNOSTICS CYCLE NOTES

NOTE 1.

To invoke the Diagnostics Cycle, perform

the following while in standby:

Press any 3 keys in a sequence of 1-2-3 and then

repeating this selected sequence 2 more times.

This gives a total of 9 key presses. The complete

key sequence must be entered with no more than a

1.OS period between any 2 key presses. A minimum

of a 1.OS period with no key presses must precede

the start of the key sequence.

To rapid advance 1 interval at a time: press the

START/RESUME key.

Special note: While in the diagnostics cycle, the

STAR/RESUME feature is turned off (ie: Auto

Resume after door interupts) and the

START/RESUME becomes an interval advance key.

Invoking Service Diagnostics clears all status and

last ran information from memory and restores

defaults.

Last ran Cylces and Options return to default

(Normal cycle with heated dry option)

Last ran delay returns to the lowest delay increment.

Operating state returns to standby upon completing

or terminating the service dignostics cycle.

NOTE 2.

Turn on all LEDs immediately upon

receiving entry sequence (even if door open) and

throughout this first interval as a display test.

NOTE 3.

Thermistor (Temperature Sensor) checks:

Turn clean LED on if thermistor is in its normal

temperature range 17° C - 71° C (62° F - 160° F)

NOTE 4.

Heater Relay must lag Motor Relay by

1.5 seconds at startup of Heated Wash Intervals to

avoid simultaneous heater and motor in-rush current.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OK Brian- I am making progress- All of the lights went on, (a good sign) and right now the pots and pans light is on and the start resume button is green. Do I keep pushing the start resume button at this point? Do I see if it runs- it seems to be filling with water right now

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
let it go for a few minutes and tell me what it does. the problem is the heater I believe.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The cycle switched to normal, the start resume button was showing green, the clean light is off- it seems to have run a little, but right now it stopped and now all lights are off.

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
okay this is a problem that not just a reset unfortunately, theres a problem with the water temp. either the heater isn't working or the thermostat has failed.you will need to test both the heater, and the high limit thermostat.these test basically the same way. check them for continuity. heres a link to a video on how to do that. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Heating-Element-Assembly/W10134009/1381534?modelNumber=DU1010XTXB0 one or the other is the cause.
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.