Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

my kenmore elite he3 washer will not start, the display reads

my kenmore elite he3 washer will not start, the display reads etc but when u hold the start button the door does not lock and the sequence does not start

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Do you have the full model number s so I can better assist you. What I need you to do also is unplug the washer for 5 min. then plug it back in. listen for a slight click at the top o of the washer. Do you hear it click?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

kenmore elite he3.

Actually if you open the door there will be a tag with the full model number on it. That's what I need, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

no click when plugged back in

,,

kenmore elite he3.

no click when plugged back in
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

no click when plugged back in

,no click when plugged back in
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

42832 200

,no click when plugged back in
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
,42832 200
Okay let's try this, I know what your problem is it is a ccu central control unit. But I need the full model number which will start with a 110, 106, 665 or some other three digit combination, this will be on the tag right inside the door. If you get me that I will look up the CCU for you. Also try to not replied back until I have replied to you. When you do that, it erases my whole answer, so just wait until you see my reply before replying to me. Thank you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

110. 42832 200 sorry this interface im not use to

Okay I found your CCU, Main Control Board 285925          Main Product Viewthis is located right under the top of the machine. There are screws along the back you take out to remove the top, you will see the CCU mounted to the side or the back. Actually usually it's on the back in this model. You need to order and replace the CCU. when you unplug this and plug it back in you should hear the ccu reset. since you don't its bad, heres a link to the part. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Main-Control-Board/285925/959504?modelNumber=110.42832200?RCAID=1000065 hope this helps. the only thing I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done rather than rating me with a 1 or 2 smiley faces please use the (continue conversation) link and tell me what else I can do or what else you would like to know so that I can get you that information so I can improve my customer satisfaction rating. You may receive an email with my answer if so please sign back in and accept on the site itself. Its the only way I get paid for helping you. thank you and best wishes , Bryan