Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

hi folks, My Kenmore Elite Model 665.69644992 has lost power.

hi folks,

My Kenmore Elite Model 665.69644992 has lost power. Circuit breaker checked, multi metered the outlet. All OK. No clock, no display and no warning to this problem.

I am stumpified. Any ideas?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Good morning, your microwave has an in-line fuse inside the machine behind the control panel , 90% of the time. This is the issue . When you lose all power in these , you would need to open up the control panel. Locate the fuse and test it with a voltmeter for continuity,. Here is a link to a video that shows you how to test this fuse with a voltmeter . http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Line-Fuse/W10138793/1450877?modelNumber=665.69644992 the fuse itself can be purchased at Lowe's or Home Depot or any hardware store . Just bring the old one with you, hope this helps. the only thing I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done rather than rating me with a 1 or 2 smiley faces please use the (continue conversation) link and tell me what else I can do or what else you would like to know so that I can get you that information so I can improve my customer satisfaction rating. You may receive an email with my answer if so please sign back in and accept on the site itself. Its the only way I get paid for helping you. thank you and best wishes , Bryan

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Got the panel off but the fuse is hiding

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Okay I pulled up the diagrams the fuses number 28 on this diagram.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OK found it and pulled it out. I'll replace it tonight and let you know the outcome.

Great Service! Thanks!

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
okay thanks and keep me informed , have a great day ! the only thing I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done rather than rating me with a 1 or 2 smiley faces please use the (continue conversation) link and tell me what else I can do or what else you would like to know so that I can get you that information so I can improve my customer satisfaction rating. You may receive an email with my answer if so please sign back in and accept on the site itself. Its the only way I get paid for helping you. thank you and best wishes , Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
I hope you received my last post. We are having site issue's if so the only thing I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done rather than rating me with a 1 or 2 smiley faces please use the (continue conversation) link and tell me what else I can do or what else you would like to know so that I can get you that information so I can improve my customer satisfaction rating. You may receive an email with my answer if so please sign back in and accept on the site itself. Its the only way I get paid for helping you. thank you and best wishes , Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I replaced the fuse and nothing happend. Still no power to anything and just to reitereate, I recheck the plug with a multi meter, its ok. I am a handy guy but this has me stumped.

Any fatal internal issues that are likely to cause this?

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
check # XXXXX on this diagram. its the thermal protector. its up in the top on the roof behind the grill.this should have continuity.