Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a 5 year old lg dryer. See resettable high limit fuse

I have a 5 year old lg dryer. See resettable high limit fuse on the side of the moment keeps popping Since I had to change the board. Is it more likely that this part is going bad or that my new board(or other componant) is allowing too much heat ..& Is there a way to test either one ?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.

bryanpaul52 :

do you have the model # ?

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Model number coming up
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.

okay

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
DLG8388NM
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Perfect, how often does the resettable fuse trip? Does the fuse trip. If you run this on air dry with no heat?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Twice now ..... just after a 1 load or 2.. I'm going to reset it again now I can run it on air and see if it trips
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Yes, that's a good idea, we need to see whether the heat is tripping. It. Have you checked your vent real good? Is it clear and blowing outside real good? Let me know, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I ran into on air for a few minutes and then turned the heat on ... it does heat.... the vent is clear and seems to be blowing pretty steady and well
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
That fuse popped again. I had it on diagnostic mode and the hottest it got was 28 degrees celsius
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Okay sounds to me like you need to replace the fuse itself, the fuses weak and is tripping to easily at a lower temperature than it should. It's called the high limit thermostat, you can order this for like $10 at the following link. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/High-Limit-Thermostat/6931EL3003C/1268365?modelNumber=DLG8388NM the only thing I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done rather than rating me with a 1 or 2 smiley faces please use the (continue conversation) link and tell me what else I can do or what else you would like to know so that I can get you that information so I can improve my customer satisfaction rating. You may receive an email with my answer if so please sign back in and accept on the site itself. Its the only way I get paid for helping you. thank you and best wishes , Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Wait .... Evidently the fuse did not pop .... it just quit heating in the diadnostic mode. It's heating in normal mode ...
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
okay can you try the tests i said above ? with the vent off ?