Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Kelvinator Opal fridge

Kelvinator Opal Fridge was making a very loud whirring noise for a few days on and off. now the noise has stopped and so it seems the fridge has also? It is about 10 years old.

Was the noise you heard originating from the freezer section? Do you have a model number so I can better assist you?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes the noise was coming from the freezer section. The model code is N520F - R star8? Would that be right?
okay the model number isnt comming up but I can tell you its the evaporator fan in the freezer behind the back wall inside.the fan is what blows to cold air fron the freezer to the refrigerator section to coll it, thats why the refrigerator isnt working. you need to remove the panel behind the food to access the fan and replace it. the only way to know is remove the panel. you will need to get the part number off the fan. this is a common issue. hope this helps. the only thing I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done rather than rating me with a 1 or 2 smiley faces please use the (continue conversation) link and tell me what else I can do or what else you would like to know so that I can get you that information so I can improve my customer satisfaction rating. You may receive an email with my answer if so please sign back in and accept on the site itself. Its the only way I get paid for helping you. thank you and best wishes , Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks Bryan- as much as that sort of helps I still need someone to come out and sort it? I dont trust myself removing panels and fans - trying to source the right one - and then hopefully replacing them correctly! I wouldn't really have time for any of this hence the email......

Do you or someone come out to do this?

Thanks Natalie

heres a link to set up a service call. just click this blue link and fill out your info. http://www.kelvinator.com.au/ServiceLocator hope that helps, thanks Bryan