Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  23 Years Major Appliance Repair

Whirpool Cabrio washer, wtw5640xw2, will not drain. Found

Whirpool Cabrio washer, wtw5640xw2, will not drain. Found metal shavings in old pump. Changed pump still will not proceed to pump remaining water out of tub. What would be next step to check/replace.

Welcome..I have 23 years of Experience In the Appliance Repair Field..Working directly with All Major Appliance Brands...Sorry you are having this problem with your washer..First thing to check is power to the pump..On these washers the wire harness to the pump is very fragile..Sometime you have to remove the plastic connector and reassemble the connector..You will need a volt meter to test for power..i had one last week same problem..Turned out the connector was faulty..Reposition the wire back on the connector..Fixed the problem..Either way first check power to the drain pump motor..let me know what you come up with ..Thanks Bob

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

ill be right back

No problem..I will be here.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Not sure if you got my latest reply. Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX and right on. one wire was loose and I replaced in housing and resecured. I do home repairs and remodels for a living, so I do appreciate your time and expertise. Thanks again Bob.

No problem..Glad you have it figured out..The wire harness's on these new machines are more like stereo wiring anymore..In other words very cheaply made..Also please leave a positive rating before leaving today..Thanks Bob