Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

i forgot to turn the water taps on before running my new Maytag

i forgot to turn the water taps on before running my new Maytag Maxima. It ran for about 10 minutes without the water on before I realised it didn't sound right. I tried unplugging the machine, but still will not run properly. after pressing the power or reset 2 error messages came up... F06 and E02. if I don't unplug it, it hums.
do you know the problem?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Good morning,do you have the full model number?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

MHW6000XG

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
okay please hold on while I pull up the tech sheets. thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

also, once I had turned the water on, it was working properly and I should have left it alone! but 10 minutes had passed and wanted to start over, but when I cancelled or reset or shut the power off, can't remember what I did exactly, it wouldn't do anything but hum. even after unplugging and plugging back in

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.

okay see if this will enter diagnostic mode.

ACTIVATING SERVICE DIAGNOSTIC MODE

1.

Be sure the washer is in standby mode (plugged in with all indicators off).

2.

Select any three (3) buttons (except POWER) and follow the steps below, using the same buttons. Remember the buttons and the order that the buttons were pressed.

Within 8 seconds,

Press and Release the 1st selected button,

Press and Release the 2nd selected button,

Press and Release the 3rd selected button;

Repeat this 3 button sequence 2 more times.

3.

If the Service Diagnostic mode has been entered successfully, all indicators on the console are illuminated for 5 seconds with "888" showing in the Estimated Time Remaining seven-segment display. If there are no saved fault codes, all indicators on the console will momentarily turn off, and then only the seven-segment display will come back on and display "888".

NOTE:

The Service Diagnostic mode will time out after 5 minutes of user inactivity, or shut down if AC power is removed.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok, I did this and the 888 is lit up now, it is still humming and the "door locked" light is still illuminated.

I forgot to tell you that this was illuminated before as well.

ok, the humming just stopped, 888 is still showing as well as door locked.

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.

Behavior

1st Button- Momentary press- Press and hold for 5 secs.- Activates User Interface Test- Exits Service Diagnostic Mode2nd Button- Momentary press- Press and hold for 5 secs.- Activates Quick Diagnostic Test- Software Version Display3rd Button- Momentary press- Press and hold for 5 secs.- Displays Next Error Code- Clears the Error CodesSERVICE

Advancing Through Saved Fault/Error Codes

Procedure for advancing through saved fault codes:

Press and release

g beep tone g most recent fault the 3rd button code is displayed. used to activate Service Diagnostics

Repeat

g beep tone g second most recent fault code is displayed.

Repeat

g beep tone g third most recent fault code is displayed.

Repeat

g beep tone g fourth most recent fault code is displayed.

Repeat

g triple beep g back to the most recent fault code.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

all lights are off now with unit plugged in. can I try starting up again? I just didn't wait long enough, I did not have to do the sequence again.

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.

yes . First though you should unplug the unit for 5 minutes and then plug it back in. the error you were getting was this.

F6E2COMMUNICATION ERROR UI TO CCUF6E3COMMUNICATION ERROR CCU TO UI

Communication between Central Control Unit (CCU) and User Interface (UI) has not been detected.

Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.