Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

36 in. GE Profile-Spacemaker Microwave-less than 2yrs. old model

36 in. GE Profile-Spacemaker Microwave-less than 2yrs. old

model #JVM3670SK06 Serial# XXXXX

Top vent fan door will not open when running

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

The most common reason for this failure is the drive motor on the vent , number 58 on this diagram . However with that being said there are also two micro switches in this drive assembly and one of those could also be an issue , check power to the drive motor and you should get 120 V when this is attempting to open . This is what you are looking for, if you are receiving 120 V to the motor and this is not opening then the drive motor has failed and needs to be replaced. You can order this at the following link. if no power is going to the motor , then you need to check the micro switches , these machines are very difficult to work on so if you're unsure then it's best to get a technician to take care of this for you , the switches have to be tested in both the closed and open position for continuity. I am including a link to all the parts and diagrams for this unit, for those click this blue link. hope this helps, the only thing I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done rather than rating me with a 1 or 2 smiley faces please use the (continue conversation) link and tell me what else I can do or what else you would like to know so that I can get you that information so I can improve my customer satisfaction rating. You may receive an email with my answer if so please sign back in and accept on the site itself. Its the only way I get paid for helping you. thank you and best wishes , Bryan