Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Maytag model MGR5770BDW take alongtime to preheat. 1hr to get

Maytag model MGR5770BDW take alongtime to preheat. 1hr to get to 350. What could be the problem. Sometimes gas odor.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Good afternoon, I can tell you with certainty and confidence that you need to replace your oven igniter , this is a very common issue on these, the igniter gets weak and does not draw enough amps to open the safety valve, these need to be replaced on average every 3 to 4 years sometime sooner depending on how much you use the oven. I am including a link where you can order the part . this is located under the bottom panel inside the oven . Hope this helps, the only thing I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done rather than rating me with a 1 or 2 smiley faces please use the (continue conversation) link and tell me what else I can do or what else you would like to know so that I can get you that information so I can improve my customer satisfaction rating. You may receive an email with my answer if so please sign back in and accept on the site itself. Its the only way I get paid for helping you. thank you and best wishes , Bryan

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Is this part easy to replace. how do i get to it.

the part is not difficult to replace normally. there are just two screws holding it in and you just need to make sure you unplug the range before starting,remove the floor in the range, there are two screws at the back you remove and lift the back of the floor up and pull it out from under the front lip. the wires you cut and use the ceramic wire nuts included to rewire it. you don't have to worry about working on this as far a gas goes, you are only replacing and electrical part. thanks and best wishes, Bryan