Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I am attempting to replace the door hinge on my Electrolux

I am attempting to replace the door hinge on my Electrolux front loading washer, model # XXXXX The "phillips head" screws which hold the original hinge (part # XXXXX) onto the body of the washer have been torqued on too tight for me to remove. I need guidance. How do I remove these screws without stripping the heads?
Submitted: 2 years ago via PartSelect.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

these can be one pain in the neck. First do you have the correct sized Phillips head for the screws? the best way to get these loose is to use an electric impact screwdriver, do you have one?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry for the slow response, stepped out for some lunch and weekend shopping.

I have a variety of phillips heads in my socket set, but I do not have an electric impact screwdriver. If they're not too pricey, I can buy one. Who makes a relaible impact screwdriver for home use? Otherwise, are these tools available from a rental shop?

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
actually they sell them reasonable at lowes, you can pick one up for around $30.00 and they are handy to have anyways around the house, the other thing is a lot of the screws are odd sized so pick up a set of different drivers to. find the one in the set that fits the best and when you use the impact screw driver hold it in tight on the screw, these will usually come out with that . ask which one is good for that. they also have screw extractors that are cheap if you do get into trouble getting one out. hope this helps. the only thing I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done rather than rating me with a 1 or 2 smiley faces please use the (continue conversation) link and tell me what else I can do or what else you would like to know so that I can get you that information so I can improve my customer satisfaction rating. You may receive an email with my answer if so please sign back in and accept on the site itself. Its the only way I get paid for helping you. thank you and best wishes , Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.