Randy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25 years of overall experience: Owner and technician of own appliance repair business.

I moved from southern ca to central ca. I hooked up my LG dryer

I moved from southern ca to central ca. I hooked up my LG dryer and it is a gas model.Model #DLG2102W. You can hear a click and with a mirror under the right front of the dryer you can see flames. But the dryer does not get hot. then you just smell gas. worked fine before I moved it
Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I am here to assist you. Do me a favor, with the mirror go ahead and start the dryer but this time watch the flame and see if it comes on then goes off then comes on again and keeps doing that. Watch it for about 2 minutes.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hello Randy, That's what it is doing.

Does the flame keep coming on and going off or just the igniter?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The flame keeps coming on and off.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Please, ask me multiple questions I understand the diagnostics trees. I would like to speed this process up.

Okay so does it come on and off at an interval of about every 3 to 4 minutes or is it sooner? Do you have a meter to check for resistance? If so next to the igniter is the flame sensor. It has a glass front to it. You need to unplug that sensor and do a resistance/continuity check and let me know what you read on the sensor.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

It comes on sooner than three to four minutes. About two minutes and you here a click most likely a relay. The safety thermo sensor has 0 resistance it is a off or on switch. I noticed LG does not have those two

coils it has one big valve. I suspect that valve is the problem.

Okay, the safety thermo sensor checks out good and I do agree your problem is the valve itself. You have a weak coil that will eventually go completely bad and stop working all together. Replace the valve and you will be good to go. The number as I am sure you already know is 5221EL2002A. I am here for further assistance and thank you for your time and patience, Randy.