Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Hi:and thanks in advance for Your Help.Im a real Dumpy when

Hi:and thanks in advance for Your Help.I'm a real Dumpy when it comes to repairs.Anyway here We go.The disabled lady I help Bought a MayTag Advanced cooking system,super capacity plus.When I Payed for it I gave Her a Owners Manual(Mistake).So#1:No manual.#2:Yesterday she tried to Clean It by pressing Clean and timer She thinks.Today I tried to fix breakfast for her in the oven first tried Bake and then convect;Nothing.Pressed bake then preset and then 400.It read 100 right away and stayed there,Oven never got even warm.The same when I went to convection,pressed preset and 375;same 100 only and nothing.
The last time I called before to day they had her name;Nancy Gordillo in Petaluma Ca.The lady I spoke with said it was purchased 8 or 10 yrs.ago.Thanks. PAUL
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Do you have a model number? if this has a bottom drawer this should be a tag in there with the full model number on it can you check there?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

model #mer5880baw

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Okay give me a few minutes to take a look at your model and see what the issue may be, I will be back as quickly as I can. Thanks, Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Okay you say she tried to self-cleaning this ? Do you know if the door actually locked when she tried the self-cleaning or did not go into self-cleaning at all?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

she says NO,it didn't go in to self cleaning.

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Okay how old is this range ? Is it new or is it used?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It was Bought New,as I wrote earlier,8 or 10 yrs.ago

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Okay sorry I just noticed you said that, since the control is actually coming on and responding but not coming up in temperature my first impression would be your clock has failed also known as the control. I cannot find a safety fuse in this model so we know that's not the issue, some models have safety fuses that can blow and cause the other not to heat up, have you tried the broil yet ? Will the broil come on and work ? can you try that ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I'll try That Now,Wait a couple of Minutes Please..NOTHING!

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Okay that didn't work then your control has failed, unfortunately it will need to be replaced to fix the issue, I'm not sure you want to attempt this yourself however is actually the whole control assembly, this would need to be ordered and replaced in order to repair this, here's a link to a you can order it and possibly you know someone that can help you install it. http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-number/Maytag-Parts/Range-Parts/74006204/0022/464/Model-MER5880BAW/3048 /0124111?keySuffixId=NA&pathTaken=partSearch&pathRender=modelComponent&documentCompId=M0310239&diagramPageId=00001&productTypeId=0124111&searchModelNumber=MER5880BAW&subCompDesc=Control%20panel&brandDesc=MAYTAG&modelDesc=RANGE&blt=11&shdMod=MER5880BAW hope this helps,the only thing I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done rather than rating me with a 1 or 2 smiley faces please use the (continue conversation) link and tell me what else I can do or what else you would like to know so that I can get you that information so I can improve my customer satisfaction rating. You may receive an email with my answer if so please sign back in and accept on the site itself. Its the only way I get paid for helping you. thank you and best wishes , Bryan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok We'll give You a "3"smiley face.But First answer This.I Now find out the oven Light she broke(she said it was lose and tried to tighten it ).The "Base" is still in the socket.Could that be the Major Malajustment?Thanks Paul

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Well the light wouldn't affect the clock so that would cause it, the only way to get the bulb part of that still stuck in the socket is to unplug the range in take a needle nose pliers and grab it and turn it out. That can be a pain but that's how we do it. Sorry last night I was off-line when you replied, thanks very best wishes, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.