Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

GE washer model # XXXXX The washer fills but will not

GE washer model # XXXXX The washer fills but will not stop filling, or advance to the next cycle. If I manually move the controls to the next cycle it will work. It just won't move from one cycle to the next automaticly
Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

okay can you tell me if you shut the machine off, push the button in does the water stopped coming in or do you have to shut the water off at the house faucets?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Just shut the machine off

Okay sorry I'm having a few computer issues, all right that tells me that the valve is good, what you need to do is open up the control panel, there are screws along the top of the control panel remove them and took the control panel forward, you will see a water level control, Pressure Switch WH12X10108      Main Product Viewthere is a rubber hose connected to this water level control that goes to the tub. When the water fills up it pushes pressure up this hose and switches off the water and starts the machine agitating. Remove this hose and blow through it. Most likely this is clogged, this happens quite often on these machines. If you cannot blow through it is definitely clogged and if you can't clear it by blowing through with your mouth you may need to use an air compressor and compressed air, this will take care of your issue once you get the line clear put it back on the water level control and try the machine again. It should run just fine. This is a very common issue on this particular machine. Hope this helps,the only thing I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done rather than rating me with a 1 or 2 smiley faces please use the (continue conversation) link and tell me what else I can do or what else you would like to know so that I can get you that information so I can improve my customer satisfaction rating. You may receive an email with my answer if so please sign back in and accept on the site itself. Its the only way I get paid for helping you. thank you and best wishes , Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The hose was so blocked that I had to use compressed air, however, what I thought was the line clearing was the line blowing off its connection at the tank. How do I get access to that connector and can it be cleaned or will I need to replace it?

Sorry Dan, I Internet keeps going on not today because of storms in the area, wow you couldn't blow through it at all,?. That is really clogged and then, that piece can't be replaced it's part of the tank I believe. What you will need to do is remove the inner tub and try to clean it from the inside. Those things get so clogged up sometimes that it's almost impossible to get clean. Try working a piece a wire down into it also like a coat hanger or something to try to get some of the stuff broken up inside it then keep blowing through it with the hose until you are able to break the stuff free, it's mostly soap scum and things like that gets stuck in the tube. I really don't know what else to tell you on that but that is definitely your issue.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

It works but 2 more things would have been good to know.

1. How to take the top off so I could get to the drum.

2. The screws for the panel are Torx heads.

Thanks for the help, I'll give you a top rating