Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a GE microwave over. The door handle is cracked. How

I have a GE microwave over. The door handle is cracked. How difficult is it to replace ?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

These are not difficult to replace. in fact what you need to do is remove the inner door choke around the inside of the door this is plastic and just snaps in.take a thin putty knife if you have one and go around the inside of the door and release the inner door choke which is the very outside trim piece. Behind that there is a another metal trim piece that comes out also, once those two pieces are removed there are screws holding the door handle on. There's no need to even take the door off to do this. to make this as easy as possible I included this link to a video that shows you how to get the and door trim off, once that is done you will see how easy it is to replace, here's the link. Video good luck and well wishes, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
I hope you received my last post. We are having site issue's if so the only thing I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done rather than rating me with a 1 or 2 smiley faces please use the (continue conversation) link and tell me what else I can do or what else you would like to know so that I can get you that information so I can improve my customer satisfaction rating. You may receive an email with my answer if so please sign back in and accept on the site itself. Its the only way I get paid for helping you. thank you and best wishes , Bryan