Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

What is the most common failure causing the icemaker not to

What is the most common failure causing the icemaker not to dispense ice out the front. Motor does not turn on. Ice is being made just fine, but will not dispense. Model # XXXXX
Thanks

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Well there are quite a few reasons why this will not dispense the ice , one the dispenser auger motor may be bad , the best way to tell whether that is the issue is to test the auger motor for 120 volts when you press for ice, the auger motor is located behind the back wall inside the freezer. You need to test this with the light button pushed in . Do you have a voltmeter?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes I have a volt meter. Is it easy to pull the motor out. If there is not 120v at the motor, your next suggestion is??
Thanks Brian.
Okay to remove the motor you will need to take the auger out and behind that there are screws to remove the panel that the motor is mounted on, before doing this however try holding the light switch in and have somebody push for ice put your hand on the fork that turns the auger and see if you feel a buzz or a vibration from it like it's trying to run, also see if you can turn that fork by hand, it is geared so it's tough to turn but you can use a screwdriver and widget between a push down the screwdriver to see if it moves at all. Sometimes on these Frigidaire refrigerators these motors freeze. Moisture gets in them and actually freezes stopping the motor from starting check that before you start taking this apart.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you Brian. You have been extremely helpful.
You're very welcome, I am still here when you need me although I may take a short break I will be back probably in an hour. In the meantime try and get that to turn to make sure it isn't frozen.