Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a GE refrigerator model number GTS22KCMARWW that wont

I have a GE refrigerator model number GTS22KCMARWW that won’t cool. I have checked the capacitor (attached to bottom of the frig) and what I think are the thermal protectors (attached to the compressor) and all seem to be ok. What should the next step be in trouble shooting (when the unit is plugged in the fan for the condenser coils does come on, and eventually, the fan for the inside of the refrigerator comes on as well. The lights work in the refrigerator as well. Thanks.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

can you feel the compressor and tell me if its hot,warn or cold ? do you here any clicking or buzzing comming from it? is it vibrating ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

There is no noise coming from the compressor

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Okay, can you pull the refrigerator away from the wall and there is an 8X10" cover that covers the control board, can you remove that cover unplug the refrigerator and remove the board, take a look on the backside of the board and see if there is a burn mark on one of the solder joints. Usually towards the bottom with the main plug for the board goes in. This is the compressor relay solder joint, see if it looks melted or burned. The board looks like this.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have taken the control board off and looked at the back of the control board. There is a burn mark on looks like one of the main runs on the back of the board. It looks like the run attaches to a relay K4.

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Yes that is the compressor relay. There are two options here if you're good and have a soldering iron you can sometimes re-solder that joint and it will run, if that is unsuccessful you will need to replace the board. Here is a link where you can order the board, http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Main-Control-Board/WR55X10942/1531075?modelNumber=GTS22KCMARWW?RCAID=1000065 great job by the way . Hopefully you will be able to re-solder that joint and you'll be all set. the only thing I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done rather than rating me with a 1 or 2 smiley faces please use the (continue conversation) link and tell me what else I can do or what else you would like to know so that I can get you that information so I can improve my customer satisfaction rating. You may receive an email with my answer if so please sign back in and accept on the site itself. Its the only way I get paid for helping you. thank you and best wishes , Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.