Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have that control locked Issue on my whirlpool duet....unplugged

I have that control locked Issue on my whirlpool duet....unplugged it and did the end of cycle reset u recommended but its still on...anything else I can do??
Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

can you get us the full model number ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

sure please hang on while I get it

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

PW74ZLL42EX 067034-00

those model number are not comming up. can you get the model number off the tag right inside the door?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

okay thanks. so you tried holding the end of cycle button in for 5 seconds and this wont unlock the panel ? you did this with the door shut and the washer plugged in correct ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

YES....Also the Damp light is lit and also the Buky items light is on...

okay thats not good, it means the user interface has failed.the will need to be ordered and replaced. heres a link to the part. this will fix the issue. the only thing I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done rather than rating me with a 1 or 2 smiley faces please use the (continue conversation) link and tell me what else I can do or what else you would like to know so that I can get you that information so I can improve my customer satisfaction rating. You may receive an email with my answer if so please sign back in and accept on the site itself. Its the only way I get paid for helping you. thank you and best wishes , Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

is this a part I can replace myself or should I have a service person fix it?

If your handy you can do this yourself. you will need to remove the top of the machine to get to the screws to remove it. heres some diagrams also.when you get the top off theres a service tech sheet taped to the inside. this will also have a service diagnostic procedure you can try running. if the control doesn't respond though its because the interface has failed but it wouldn't hurt to try. thanks Bryan,

P.S. the tech sheet is number 1 on the diagram.