Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service
14308609

my washing machine wont advance to the next cycle. it goes

Customer Question

my washing machine wont advance to the next cycle.
it goes thru the wash cycle but wont go to the rinse cycle.
if i advance it manually it will run the rest of the wash fine.
whatz wrong with my washer?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 2 years ago.

Hello and thank you for using this service,

What typically causes this issue is the lid switch actuator is broken. If you open the lid on your machine you should see an small oblong hole on the right and side of the lid frame. If the hole looks hollow the lid switch is broken. The actuator should be flush with the hole so it activates. When this happens the unit will not advance to spin out. If you are not sure if it is working set the unit to spin and close the lid...if it just sits there the switch is broken and needs to be replaced. Here is a video to help you replace the switch.

CLICK HERE

All I ask is that you rate my assistance and tips are greatly appreciated...Thanks

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

WRONG!

it is not the lid switch

if u'll read my notes....

if i advance the timer to the rinse cycle, the washer completes the wash

? so wahtz wrong "guru"?

Well based on the response I get the impression that you already are unhappy with me. I did overlook your response, but I am only human and read a lot of questions. I will Opt Out and let another expert assist you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

so

the washer will run thru the wash cycle (which means it is not a lid switch actuator problem)

but then it stops

if i manually advance the timer to the rinse cycle, the washer will finish the wash

? whatz wrong with my machine ?

{and please dont tell me it is the lid switch}

Expert:  Appliance Tech Larry replied 2 years ago.
Hello I'm Larry and I will use all my training and knowledge of 40 years to help you with your Problem today ,, thanks

do you have a model number for me and may i help you on this
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Kenmore

Mod 110.26924503

Ser CT2840057

Type: 111

again.... i set the timer and close the lid, it fills with water and runs thru the wash cycle fine, it even drains the water at the end of the cycle, but then it just stops. if i advance the timer manually to the rinse cycle it will finish the load all the way, even thru the spin cycle. (so it is not a lid switch cuz it wouldnt do the cycles at all if the switch was bad)

also, it does the same shut down in all the different types of wash to choose, not just one.

you have a bad contact inside the timer and you will have to replace the time, its part number 8541110 and you can get it at a local appliance parts dealer near you ,, thank you
do you have any further questions and if not then please remember to rate my answer based on the service you have received here today. If there are any problems at all, please respond so we may have a positive outcome, the post can not be closed until you act on it ,, thanks
Experience: Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

good job LARRY

that is what i thought

i just wanted a second opinion

THANK YOU!

your welcome