Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

ref GE moven advantuim 120- unit is dead- oven below works.

ref GE moven advantuim 120- unit is dead- oven below works. checked circuit breakers- was working fine until about an hour ago- Now no lights, nothing!! Can you advise

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

can you get us the model number ?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

model # XXXXX 1201 NSS 01

okay got it. now when you say the oven below works what do you mean ? the range ? okay if the microwave is completely dead, no lights no digital readout or clock then the internal safety fuse has blown. its the in line fuse inside the microwave behind the control panel. these you can get at Lowes or home depot. bring the old one with you. be careful opening this microwave control. even with this unit unplugged it can store a lethal amount of voltage in the HQ capacitor so don't go poking around inside it to much. if your uncomfortable doing this then I recommend a tech. the fuse is around $5.00.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

hmmmm- not as easy as I thought it would be. How do I access the control panel? sure sounds like I need to call a tech in to do this properly? Or is this easier than it sounds?

this one is a very complicated microwave to take apart. I just pulled up the diagrams and the fuse is part number . 1626 on this may want to call a tech on this one. the whole job labor and all shouldn't run you more than $75-$100. its probably worth having someone do this. thanks, Bryan