Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have KUDLO3EVSS4 ; the top rack is not cleaning but bottom

I have KUDLO3EVSS4 ; the top rack is not cleaning but bottom rack is doing well. HElp
Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

can you start this and let it fill then open the door and tell me how much water is in the bottom in inches ? doe the water reach the heater ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

ok will do....

okay standing by.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

1/4 inch... does not reach the heating element

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Are u there?
okay, the issue is the water valve is not opening fully and filling this to the correct level in the alloted time allowed by the timer. you need to replace the water valve, when the water level is low theres not enough water pressure to reach the top spray am assembly, this is a common issue. this is the valve. its located behind the panel under the door in the front. you can order this @ this will fix your issue, the only thing I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done rather than rating me with a 1 or 2 smiley faces please use the (continue conversation) link and tell me what else I can do or what else you would like to know so that I can get you that information so I can improve my customer satisfaction rating. You may receive an email with my answer if so please sign back in and accept on the site itself. Its the only way I get paid for helping you. thank you and best wishes , Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Do I have to hire someone to replace this?
no its pretty simple, there is a access panel under the door in the front remove the screws and take the panel out. you will see the valve. shut the water off under the sink and disconnect the line then the screws holding the valve toe the frame unplug the plug and pull the valve down take the smaller hose off and put the new valve in. pretty easy . thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Pretty helpful information any more clues or all we all done until I get the part?
pretty much thats it.the water should come all the way up to the heater so we know thats the issue. if you have any other questions after you rate me the question stays open and you can come back if you have trouble when the part comes in and I will be glad to assist further. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

OK I have the water line disconnected and the inlet valve unplugged from the black wires. I am struggling with unscrewing the screws securing the valve to the frame. Any insight?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I figured it out. ran the dishwasher twice...... same problem. top shelf not too good. please help us figure it out

is the water higher now ? does it reach the heater ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes. It does.
okay one problem solved. do you know if the top arm is moving ? check the position and then start the machine, after it runs a few minutes check and see if the spray arm moved. let me know.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Did you get my message something wierd just happened and my screen blanked out and stated I'm sorry you didn't like the response do you want a new technician.... I don't want a new technician!!!!!! I stated that the arm is moving:)
Wow, they must be having site issue's sorry, I'm still here. the arm is moving. mmm , okay when you say not cleaning is there like a white film on the dishes or food particles ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No, food n film remains on dishes. Greasy residue
okay, now you will need to clean the sump assembly. from the water level being low the sump has grease and soap deposits in it. what I'm going to suggest may sound strange but it works really well. go to the store and buy some Tang breakfast drink. start the dish washer and let it fill. then pour about 1/2 cup of Tang in the bottom and let it runs through. the citrus in the Tang breaks up the crap in the sump assembly and cleans it out. repeat this a few times and then try the dish washer. let me know .
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Ok. Clarification though... How does that explain food not being washed off ?
well if the sump is clogged it isn't rinsing correctly. the other thing you should look at is the heater. does it look discolored or have any burnt spots on it?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No spots on heater. For example: wet not caked on brownie batter that dripped on a plastic collander in top shelf did not rinse off. Milk spot in bottom of the glass remains on the glass
sounds like even though the arm is moving the pressure to the top rack is low. it may be clogged or the spray impeller is bad. try the cleaning and let me know.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
heres a video on how to change the food chopper assembly in the pump setup. it walks you through how to get to the lower pump assembly where you need to clean. take it apart like it shows you and clean the sump and pump assembly. you may have something blocking off the pump.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

thanks for the help, cleaned the impeller, working perfectly.

fantastic ! Glad to hear that,Have a great day. thanks , Bryan