Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a Kenmore Elite Smartwash, Quiet Pak 9. Lately I cannot

I have a Kenmore Elite Smartwash, Quiet Pak 9. Lately I cannot get the washer to start. I push and hold in the start button but it only clicks anc clicks, then "dl" shows on the screen. In the past I have unplugged it for a while and that seemed to work. But now it does not. I am a week behind on my laundry! Help!
Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

can you get us the full model #?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

What do you need to know? It wasn't listed in your answer.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Model # XXXXX /p>

could you resend that with a space between each number ? it didn't come through.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Ok. 1 1 0 4 5 9 9 1 4 0 0
okay great ! the dl is an issue with the door lock will need to order and replace the lock assembly to fix the issue. you can order this @ I will be back in a few minutes with the diagrams.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Ok cool! I just now ordered the part. Thank you so much.

My emoticon smiles are not working. So here's my review:

smile, smile, smile, smile, smile!

okay the lock assembly is # XXXXX on this diagram. the easiest way to put this in is remove the top of the machine, there are screws along the back take them out and slide the top back and lift off. you can reach down inside and reach the lock assembly. hope this helps. the only thing I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done rather than rating me with a 1 or 2 smiley faces please use the (continue conversation) link and tell me what else I can do or what else you would like to know so that I can get you that information so I can improve my customer satisfaction rating. You may receive an email with my answer if so please sign back in and accept on the site itself. Its the only way I get paid for helping you. thank you and best wishes , Bryan