Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

My Fridgidaire Model FEFL77AQE oven will not turn off. I am

My Fridgidaire Model FEFL77AQE oven will not turn off. I am not getting any error codes, but the oven element just glows red (even without turning it on). The only way to turn it off is to trip the breaker. Is this something that I can fix myself? If so, how? If I have to get a repairman out, will it cost more that simply replacing the unit?

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

good morning, if the oven is on and the element is red hot and wont cancel it means the contacts on the relay is welded together. the relays are on the control board itself and cant be changed, you would need to replace this. its also the clock assembly. its the control you set the bake and broils with. you can order this at the following blue link. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Oven-Control-Board/316207527/1056304?modelNumber=FEFL77AQE?RCAID=1000065 wish there was an easy fix for you.to replace this you need to pull the range out and remove the back panel. (unplug the range first) the only thing I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done rather than rating me with a 1 or 2 smiley faces please use the (continue conversation) link and tell me what else I can do or what else you would like to know so that I can get you that information so I can improve my customer satisfaction rating. You may receive an email with my answer if so please sign back in and accept on the site itself. Its the only way I get paid for helping you. thank you and best wishes , Bryan

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi Bryan:

Thanks so much for your help. I was just a little unclear - that one piece is the clock assembly and control board. So I only need to replace that one piece?

Thank you so much for your help!

Scott
yes sorry I was showing you both sides of it. its all one unit. sorry for the confusion, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks so much - I have the old part out and the new part ordered! I gave you a five star rating.

Thanks

Scott