Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Part way through washing my clothes, my Whirlpool Duet washer

Part way through washing my clothes, my Whirlpool Duet washer (model #WFW9200) shows the code F70 and is locked. I pushed the release button or cancel and the door remained locked. I turned off the power briefly and reconnected the circut breaker, and F71 appeared, and the door is still locked. What is wrong and what can be done to fix this?
Thanks,
Dorothy

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

can you get us the full model number?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Since the door is locked, I do not have access to the full model #. The shop where we purchased it in 2009 said the model # XXXXX XXXXX
Okay, some people have them written down but what you gave me is enough. give me a few minutes to look up the info,thanks, Bryan
the F70 is a Central control unit heartbeat failure, your CCU has failed unfortunately. its also know as the main control board.the first thing to do is open the door. remove the panel # XXXXX on this diagram. let me know when thats off.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
We cannot open the door.
I know thats why I'm having you take that bottom panel off so you can reach up and pull the emergency door release. you pull the little white ring in this picture to release the door lock. that ring is facing down when installed in the machine. remove that panel and reach up where the door lock assembly is and pull the ring.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Smile
you got it open I gather. were you trying to rate me with one happy face ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No. I have arranged for a repair man to fix it. Thanks for the help. I am very satisfied with your service.
your very welcome .the only thing I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done rather than rating me with a 1 or 2 smiley faces please use the (continue conversation) link and tell me what else I can do or what else you would like to know so that I can get you that information so I can improve my customer satisfaction rating. You may receive an email with my answer if so please sign back in and accept on the site itself. Its the only way I get paid for helping you. thank you and best wishes , Bryan