Randy
Randy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25 years of overall experience: Owner and technician of own appliance repair business.
18559950

Hi there, Our Samsung J1045 Wont fill with water. I have cleaned

Hi there, Our Samsung J1045 Won`t fill with water. I have cleaned all filters but the 4E symbol keeps coming up and strangely water seems to be coming out of the drain outlet. The machine seems to be making more noises than it used to maybe something pump related. Is there a bypass inlet valve or something that could be causing this problem.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Randy replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I am here to assist you. Okay first turn off the power then back on to clear the error. Now try and restart the washer and time how long it takes before the 4E error code comes back on.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi There, Yep i have turned power off and even left it unplugged overnight. Just tried it again and it takes about 3 and a half minutes for the 4E error code to come on. It seems that there is water being pumped(its making the usual pump noise) but its going straight out the drain outlet. Also there seems to be another noise like a small motor and this noise even stays going after the power button is pushed but of coarse stops after is unplugged from wall socket.
Expert:  Randy replied 2 years ago.
Okay, and you say that the drain hose has water coming out when you are trying to fill the washer?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yeh, The water is not going into the drum and filling the machine its seems to be going straight out the drain outlet that why after a few minutes the 4E error code comes up.Also like i said there is another noise like a small motor that continues to run.
Expert:  Randy replied 2 years ago.
Okay, you either have a bad drain pump to where the check valve inside the pump has gone bad and causing the water to go out as soon as it comes in (which is the most likely cause). Or the control board is bad to where it turns on the drain pump right away, However, since it takes a few minutes for the 4E error then that is saying it is not the control board. You need to replace the drain pump to correct the issue. I am here for further assistance and thank you for your time and patience, Randy.
Randy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 25 years of overall experience: Owner and technician of own appliance repair business.