Justin
Justin, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Owner of Shaffer's Appliance Service
40730774

Kenmore washer model(NNN) NNN-NNNNhe 2 screws holding the

Customer Question

Kenmore washer model(NNN) NNN-NNNN
The 2 screws holding the timer to the console came out. How do I put them back in? It seems I need to remove the timer knob but can't figure out how to do that!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Justin replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is Justin. I will work hard to help you solve your problem, start to finish. As we move forward with your problem, please remember to provide positive feedback after you accept my answer. You will still receive additional assistance at NO EXTRA CHARGE should you require it. Now, let's get started shall we... I'd like you to please double check your model number. (NNN) NNN-NNNNdoes not come up as a proper model number. Open the lid, look at the model number directly below the lower edge of the lid on the frame. Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

There is a box containing:

MODEL/MODELE

110. (NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>

I've tried to duplicate the spacing. The numbers beginning with 4 are larger than the 110. number.

If it helps, it also says "Type 111"' and the serial no. is CF(NNN) NNN-NNNN

Expert:  Justin replied 2 years ago.

Ok, is this the model tag under the lid. I'm asking because that model number does not come up on Sears site. The serial number looks right. 1996 model built in the 34th week of the year. Are you in the USA or elsewhere?

Usually however, if you push the timer knob in, then turn it counterclockwise, it should spin free of the shaft. Then the indicator skirt can be pried off.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am in Canada. Purchased the machine in Sept. 1996.
Expert:  Justin replied 2 years ago.
Very good. That makes sense. Anyway, most of these Kenmore Washers built by whirlpool (like yours) have a threaded timer shaft. If you push the knob in (like you've turned the machine off) and turn counterclockwise, it should unthread from the shaft.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I got the knob and skirt off - looks like I'm okay now. Thanks so much!

mary

Expert:  replied 2 years ago.
You're quite welcome. I figured the unit was Canadian since it didn't come up on the Sears US site. Glad I helped you out. Thanks for your question :)
Justin, Appliance Technician
Experience: Owner of Shaffer's Appliance Service
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have no further questions. Thanks for your help. I have recorded the name of the website and will use it again if I have another problem, but do not want to subscribe to anything now.

Expert:  Justin replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks. I believe the subscription thing is auto generated. Have a great week.