Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Replaced water filter but water doesnt come out the dispe

Replaced water filter but water doesn't come out the dispenser

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

do you have the model number so I can better assist you ?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
okay the first thing you should check is water flow through the line to the door. remove the bottom grill in the front under the doors and there will be the water line which goes up through the freezer door hinge. to the right of the hinge there a connector disconnect this and put it in a bucket. push for water. does any come out into the bucket ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No water comes out either end
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
no water comes out either end
okay. now can you get a hair dryer and warm the chiller up behind the crisper drawer inside the refrigerator and keep trying the water and see if it starts to flow? sometimes when you change the filter it allows air into the tubes and it freezes easy. try that and let me know.the chiller is # XXXXX on this diagram.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No luck nothing coming out
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
heated the hose but no water
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
,small amount of water coming
okay , its seems your water valve needs to be replaced. what happens is the new filter causes a lot more pressure and if the valve isn't opening enough to compensate for that no water will get can order the valve @ if you wish. thanks Bryan
I hope you received my last post. We are having site issue's if so the only thing I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done rather than rating me with a 1 or 2 smiley faces please use the (continue conversation) link and tell me what else I can do or what else you would like to know so that I can get you that information so I can improve my customer satisfaction rating. You may receive an email with my answer if so please sign back in and accept on the site itself. Its the only way I get paid for helping you. thank you and best wishes , Bryan