Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Whirlpool Gold Side-by-sde refrigerator Model #GD5RHAXNB01

Whirlpool Gold Side-by-sde refrigerator Model #GD5RHAXNB01 - We just changed the water filter. The first time we used the water dispenser in the door it would not turn off. It looks like the line for the water is lower than it was before. Any suggestions on how to fix this?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

did the water keep comming out until you had to shut it off behind the refrigerator ? how do you mean the line looks lower ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Picture of the DIspenser Tubing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry Bryan, I thought I could send a picture and some text, but it wasn't quite working that way...The only way we go the water to stop flowing was to turn off the supply to the line. The pic I sent shows the tubing in the water dispenser just to the left of the light bulb. I could be way off base thinking it is poking out more than it was before...I've never measured it. The timing is strange with us just switching out the water filter, then this happened.
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
okay since you change the filter theres more water pressure this causes the inlet valve not to close tightly, Water Inlet Valve W10408179 Main Product Viewyou need to replace the valve, its the in the back where the water line from the house connects. you can order this @ http://www.searspartsdirect .com/partsdirect/part-number/Whirlpool-Parts/Refrigerator-Parts/2304757/0046/106/Model-GD5RHAXNB01/1198/0165000?keySuffixId=NA&pathTaken=partSearch&pathRender=modelComponent&documentCompId=W0512107&diagramPageId=00012&productTypeId=x&searchModelNumber=GD5RHAXNB01&subCompDesc=Icemaker%20parts,%20optional%20parts&brandDesc=WHIRLPOOL&modelDesc=SIDE-BY-SIDE-REFRIGERATOR&blt=11&shdMod=GD5RHAXNB01 it runs around $65.00, the tube in the dispenser is fine and wouldn't have anything to do with the water not stopping.
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Bryan, Thanks for the link to the parts! I will get them ordered and try this out. I really appreciate your help.
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
no problem. this happens a lot . have a great day ! the only thing I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done rather than rating me with a 1 or 2 smiley faces please use the (continue conversation) link and tell me what else I can do or what else you would like to know so that I can get you that information so I can improve my customer satisfaction rating. You may receive an email with my answer if so please sign back in and accept on the site itself. Its the only way I get paid for helping you. thank you and best wishes , Bryan