Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

frigidaire washer model # XXXXX washer make buzz sound

frigidaire washer model # XXXXX washer make buzz sound for a short tame and will not do anything
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

can you recheck the model number its not comming up.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
fafw3574kw
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.

Okay perfect.when you hear the buzz at the beginning of the cycle is the washer putting water in ? is it filling ? also does the door lock and the door lock light come on ?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
When start is pushed washer buzz and pay comes up in display
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
Pay ? is this a coin op?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Buzz sound comes from door lock I but strke into door latch with door latch pulled out so I could try with door opened door lock light will. Of come on
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
Okay great. thats what i was going to ask next. what you need to do is replace the door lock assembly. thats why I asked above whether this was locking or not. heres a link to order the part. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Door-Lock/131763202/1531974?modelNumber=FAFW3574KW0 theres also a video there to show you how to replace it.this is a common issue on these. the only thing I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done rather than rating me with a 1 or 2 smiley faces please use the (continue conversation) link and tell me what else I can do or what else you would like to know so that I can get you that information so I can improve my customer satisfaction rating. You may receive an email with my answer if so please sign back in and accept on the site itself. Its the only way I get paid for helping you. thank you and best wishes , Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
I hope you received my last post. We are having site issue's if so the only thing I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done rather than rating me with a 1 or 2 smiley faces please use the (continue conversation) link and tell me what else I can do or what else you would like to know so that I can get you that information so I can improve my customer satisfaction rating. You may receive an email with my answer if so please sign back in and accept on the site itself. Its the only way I get paid for helping you. thank you and best wishes , Bryan