Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Are you on line?

Are you on line?

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Hi this is Bryan can I be of assistance ?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Freezer at 31degrees, Sides of freezer are extremely hot
okay do you have the model number ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Lffh21f7Hwb
Alright, the first thing you need to do is pull this away from the wall and go in the back and clean the condenser coils real good. # XXXXX on this diagram. have you done that yet ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I will now
okay try that and leave it alone for a while and see if the temp drops.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Don't see the coil
theres no coils attached to the back of the freezer ? if not look underneath the back where the compressor is. also see if theres a fan in the back that has stopped, according to the model number you gave me the coils should be on the back.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Correct model..... No coils
well. mmmm , you don't see these ?I called them coils its the condenser. yours doesn't have these ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I'm familiar with coils and this unit does not appear to have any on the back or under unit near compressor.
okay check in the front then . strange everywhere I looked they show them
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Nothing in front, you can see from the back all the way through to the front. The two copper lines from the compressor run directly up into the freezer box
okay the coils run inside the wall I guess on yours. thats not what it shows on the diagrams however.do you think you could take the back panel off inside the freezer ? Is the fan inside the freezer running ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes fan is running..... I unplugged and then pluuged the unit back in..... Temp is now dropping
okay. how long was it unplugged? let this run a bit and see what the temp does. usually when the sides get hot its because this may be getting low on freon which will make the unit run all the time trying to cool it. this in turn will overheat the condenser system making the sides hot. the only way to tell is either with gages or remove the panel inside and look at the coils. (evaporator coils) if they are only partially frosted you have a freon leak and this will get worse. let me know what it does.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I had it unplugged for 10 minutes
okay well keep an eye on it and if it runs constantly and doesn't cool properly you will need to check the coils.