Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

our h3 front load washer sometimes fills with water on its

our h3 front load washer sometimes fills with water on its own and will leak on floor,this happens every once in awhile

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Can you get us the full model number ? look inside the door for a tag. thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
model # XXXXX 44832200
okay perfect,you need to replace the water inlet valve. this isn't closing tightly and allowing water to enter the machine when it off. you can order this @ well wishes, the only thing I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done rather than rating me with a 1 or 2 smiley faces please use the (continue conversation) link and tell me what else I can do or what else you would like to know so that I can get you that information so I can improve my customer satisfaction rating. You may receive an email with my answer if so please sign back in and accept on the site itself. Its the only way I get paid for helping you. thank you and best wishes , Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
where is it located and how do i replace it ?Can i get a diagram from somewhere with instructions ?

Its part # XXXXX on this diagram, its the part the hoses from the house connect to. just remove the top of the washer to gain access to the valve. its a pretty easy job. just make sure you shut the water off at the house faucets.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i hate to keep asking but how do i take the top off and is the part #1 on the diagram ?
yes the top # XXXXX on this diagram comes off. there are screws along the back to remove then slide it back a bit and remove.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

it has only filled with water 2 times in the past 3 weeks do you think i still need to replace this part ?

yes , its sticking sometimes but not all the time. eventually it will get worse and could flood your home.. its the only part that can do that when the machine is off.