Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

We are getting an F1 error and the dishwasher leaked. I dont

We are getting an F1 error and the dishwasher leaked. I don't know what model we have because it doesn't say it on the front or in the manual. How do I find out what the model is?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Good morning.the model number should be on the right side of the door at the top on the side, can you check there ? heres a video you can watch that tells you the F1 issue and how to repair it. just click this blue link. http://www.appliancerepairlesson.com/2011/02/25/fisher-and-paykel-dishwasher-dish-drawer-repair/ let me know if theres anything else you need, thanks, Bryan

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The model number was not located where you said and I had already tried what was in the video that is not the fuctions for this particular model it doesn't do and say what the video said
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
I don't believe that called for a bad rating. why did you not come back and ask for more help. its been 12 hours and I had no idea you didn't find the model number or that you tried the video before. the thing with giving bad ratings is it hurts your chances of somebody else wanting to help you. I will opt out and someone else can pick this up. well wishes, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Expert:  Jon replied 2 years ago.
HelloMy name is XXXXX XXXXX I am another expert here and I can help you if you still need help.First off, does your dishwasher have one or two drawers?And secondly the model number can be found just behind the door on the frame of the dishwasher on the left side. If it is a double drawer it will be located just behind the to drawer on the left side.Most common models for fisher and paykel are the dd601 and dd603. But give a look and let me know. This way I can give you more model specific info. Usually the f1 error code will indicate a flood switch has been activated. And usually does mean that there is water in the bottom drain pan of the dishwasher. No matter if it is a single drawer standard dishwasher or a double door. If you are getting the f1 error code there are some easy steps we can take to get it fixed quickly. First, unplug the dishwasher and then uninstall it from the cabinets. And then tilt it forward at about a 45 degree angle. But first put some towels down on the floor to catch the water. And if you get some water out keep it tilted to get more water out until there is no more. Then reinstall the dishwasher and try it again. If it still gives you the error you may need to dry out the drain pan. Or just let it sit unused for. About a week to let the water evaporate on its own. If you can do that. Not use it for that long. And if you can't then you will either have to remove the bottom drawer of the double drawer model like shown in the video above from previous expert and dry out the water left behind. Or if you have the one drawer model then remove he dishwasher and the bottom panel and dry out the water that way. After drying it out or letting it sit for about a week unused and running again and you still get the same code you may have either a leak in the dishwasher causing the leak or bad actuators or dishes are too big for the drawer.If you get the error again get back to me here and I will help you morePlease try to get the model number for me so I can help you the best way possible. Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm sorry I'm at work right now but will look for the model number tonight. It is a two drawer diswasher. Your advise is wonderfu. You have given me a thorough explanation and some good suggestions. I will try them tonight and get back to you. Many thanks for the good service!
Expert:  Jon replied 2 years ago.
Your welcome. I completely understand. I am actually work right now also. Whenever you get a minute just get back toe here and I will help you more with the dishwasher. On most double drawer f and p dishwashers, the model tag will be just behind the top drawer on the bottom left front frame. So just open the top drawer and look to the bottom left of the front from and you should see a sticker. It will list the model number which should look something like dd603 and should also list a product number which should be a six or seven digit number that looks like 860653. Loom for that model number and list it when you get back to me here. Talk to you soon.